Do you Know the Antioxidant in Your Food can protect you against Air Pollution?
With Diwali Round the corner, I remember Last year’s scene of Post Diwali, where "Fog Of Pollution" was everywhere. People wearing mask for few days & respiratory problems on top. The other day, I was watching TV where restriction on fire crackers for this season was highlighted, that’s when I decided to share this important information on How to protect ourselves with bad impact of air pollution. This is festival time how much ever you restrict firecrackers, few of them will always be on high spirits.
In my Opinion the air we breathe is anyways polluted, and firecrackers will make it even worse. I have seen increase in cases of respiratory issues in kids & adults during this season.
Most of them name it allergy or seasonal impact of cold & cough however, we must not forget that our body is made in such a way to combat allergies & infections. As Government is doing its bit to improve quality of air Here is Swasthlife’s Nutrition Tips to Protect ourselves from Air pollution.
The air we inhale has nitrogen dioxide, particulate matters, petrol/diesel particles etc. It affects our lungs, the protective lining of lungs fights with pollutants till the number is not enough, once the pollution level is high pollutants attack immune system, produce free radicals and cause inflammation.
Following 7 steps can help you combat the ill effects of pollution
1) Include lemon water in daily diet as Vitamin C is essential to fight free radicals. Vitamin C is important for Vitamin E regeneration. Average Adult needs 40 mg of Vitamin C/ daily. Other Sources are Amla, citrus fruits, coriander leaves, cabbage & capsicum.
2)Almonds & sunflower seeds one fistful every day for Vitamin E, as it helps in recovery from tissue damage. Other sources are rice bran oil, fish, herbs &spices.
3) Leafy vegetables & red fruits & vegetables 2 servings each daily for Beta carotene as it is beneficial to reduces inflammation. Include sources like spinach, amaranth, carrots, radish etc.
5) Turmeric milk at bed time works as anti-inflammatory and protects lungs from pollution. This will take care of lung lining health. It is an ancient Ayurveda herb known for its benefits in asthmatic attacks.
5) Ginger, Black pepper & Tulsi concoction – It’s an evening tea formula for those who have immunity issues and cough tendency. This is prepared by taking 2 cup water & adding Fresh ginger grated 1 tsp, ¼ tsp black pepper powder & 4 tulsi leaves let this mixture boil till its 1 cup strain & drink (add 1 spoon honey & lemon drops for taste)
6) Breathing exercise – Pranayama has some magic my clients says however, it is bronchi-oles which gets activity of breathing which makes our respiratory system strong. So 10 mins breathing activity daily in fresh & green environment will help.
7) 7 hours of sleep – Most People don’t realize that our sleep is time when internal body works to recover from injury or inflammation. Resting for 7 to 8 hours’ i.e. sound sleep can make overall health better.If in case you get cough, cold or throat irritation do not ignore it . Try to have immediate consultation with family doctor. However, Immunity varies from person to person the above information is in general for all not specific to any medial conditions .As we believe in prevention better then cure try out our tips & live swasthlife.For Personal consultation on Respiratory problems contact our expert Nutritionist.
Tripti Tambe ( Know More)
Founder & Nutritionist
Our other Posts :
Now a days we hear very often from parents, teachers, grandparents, neighbors that “this child is very hyperactive”.
Many parents make the child sit for studies for hours which is beyond their capacity and then complain, call them hyperactive, can’t sit for studies, keeps talking, leaves the place often, etc.
Navratri means 'Nine Nights,' the festival is commemorated for nine long days to perform a Puja to one of the nine forms of Goddess.
Being gujarati love this festival apart from religious and traditional significance, during these nine days, people show their best moves and do the garba and dandiya.
People also observe fast & feast all these 9 days.
Mr. Narendra Modi is India's 14th Prime Minister . He is an inspiration to millions and leader with a Vision. He is a person praised for his policies and decisions which is sure result of hard work and dedication he puts in his profession .
He is hard taskmaster himself and works hard toward implementing change which should benefit masses of India.
With so many international and nations travels & the kind on energy he brings to his work at an age of 66 , it seems Mr. Modi has fitted a Robot Inside himself..
But the real fact against his awesome energy is something else ..
Let's us see his routine habits , which would help us analyse his fitness mantra..
While I visited for regular checkup of my entire family, I came across a report were I got to know majority of them are deficit in Vitamin D3 & Vitamin B12.
Also another problem like every women faces very commonly known is anemia was reflected in my report. If I being nutritionist can have deficiencies many females/males out there might be having deficiencies and until it is alarming enough we don’t go for regular test.
Hence, Here is Some knowledge sharing which become most important for staying away from Micro-nutrient deficiencies in our lives.
While enjoying the sambar, I started to ponder. LIFE IS LIKE A "SAMBHAR" with different experiences, circumstances and people.
Not all days are same, some are good, while some really try our patience.
But that is life! We have to experience the spice, bitterness as well as the sweetness.
Never let the challenges, circumstances, people, negative thoughts or bad mouthing pull you down.
EATING OUT HEALTHY !! <- How to Choose the Healthiest Option while Eating Out -> Special Report
DIET FOR HEALTHY HAIR !! <- Diet for Your Hair ->
TOP 5 WAYS TO SNEAK VEGGIES INTO YOUR CHILD's FOOD!! < -How to add Veggies into Your Child's Diet - >
COMMON HEALTH ISSUES WHICH SHOULD NOT BE IGNORED <- Common Health Issues which should not be Ignored ->
PSORIASIS CAUSES AND REMEDY<Common Skin Disease and its Cure >