Quitting smoking requires a whole lot of will power, commitment, and determination. Since 2017 is coming to end & I came across many people around me who wish to quit smoking. So people who plan to take a New Year resolution read on to learn about foods and drinks from Pune based nutritionist Sejal Shah that can help you quit smoking for good.
· Cinnamon- Simply inhaling deeply on a cinnamon stick mimics the deep drag on a flavourful cigarette. You can chew on a small piece of cinnamon stick to curb your cravings.
· Ginger -This root is very good to curb all urges for smokers. Grind one piece of ginger, mix it with a spoon of sugar and consume it. It will help you to forget about smoking.
· Milk- It is said that milk is a very effective in quitting smoking. Drinking a glass of milk every day an hour before your normal smoke time will do you good.
· Vegetables- There are some vegetables which help smokers the most to quit smoking. Veggies like cauliflower, broccoli, brussels sprouts, and cabbage are good.
· Salt- Try to eat a lot of salted foods to quit smoking. The salt content in the food will help curb your desire to smoke.
· Vitamin C foods there are a number of Vitamin C foods which you can munch on through the day. Foods like guava, berries, sliced tomatoes with a dash of pepper and salt are some you can try.
· Celery- Chew on fresh celery to help you quit smoking. You can also try out vegetable salads which contain celery too.
· Dried Fruits- Fragrance of dried fruit helps lower the cravings to smoke. Consuming them will also make a difference in helping you stop smoking.
· Turmeric- This Indian spice is one of the best ingredients to add to any dish. The spice lowers the smoking urge for those who want to stop this bad habit.
· Fruits- Fruits like apples which have a higher fiber content will make people feel full thus preventing them to smoke. You feel so filled up after you have consumed fibre fruits that you will no longer feel the urge the smoke.
· Omega-3 fatty foods -Certain food textures can also help smokers fight the craving to smoke. Crunchy foods tend to be more satisfying for the quitter. Foods like beans and flaxseeds are rich in omega-3.
· Popcorn -You should try to have popcorn without butter to help stop those nasty urges of smoking. These popcorn gives you that salty taste which does not taste good when you smoke.
· Cheese -Grab a piece of cheese to curb the urge to smoke. Salty cheese does wonders for people who want to stop smoking.
· Water- Drinking lots of water will keep your body hydrated and thus will keep your tummy full too. This in turn will prevent you from wanting to smoke.
· Herbal teas -Sipping on a hot glass of herbal tea will help you in reducing the urge to smoke a cigarette.
Fish- Salmon and tuna are some foods that can help you to quit smoking. These two types of fish will leave a taste in your mouth which one will not like after smoking a cigarette.
Walking is perhaps the easiest form of exercise to integrate into your weekly routine, because you can do it anywhere, and with zero equipment. There is also no prerequisite fitness requirement in order to get started. Walking provides a very meditative, calming effect on the body; it should ease the tension you feel in your new, cigarette-less existence.
Aim for three 20 minute brisk walks each week. Pilates and yoga are excellent for this purpose, though you can also put together a simple bodyweight workout
After a few weeks of living a healthy lifestyle and reinforcing your new habits, you will begin to experience what we might refer to as a positive feedback loop, whereby all of the benefits begin to build upon each other and grow.
Let's be clear: in the early stages, giving up smoking will be very challenging. However, as your body recovers and then improves, you should find you enjoy both exercise and healthy eating a lot more. The habits become easier to maintain.
You will also notice that at the end of the whole process you'll be equipped with a higher level of self-esteem. The perfect opportunity, then, to start a new challenge or set yourself a new goal.
Sejal Shah ( About Her)
Her Other Blogs :
Health and Wellness is becoming a key focal point for consumers, who are increasingly turning to functional foods to improve nutrition and meet dietary needs.
And as we all know, there’s much room for improvement when it comes to the health and nutrition of the global population. In the India, obesity is considered an epidemic, heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women. Many people fall alarmingly short of the suggested intakes of nutrients critical for good health like Vitamin B12 & Vitamin D.
Did you know certain foods or food components provide good health wellness. These foods, also known as “functional foods,” are thought to provide benefits beyond basic nutrition and may play a role in reducing or minimizing the risk of certain diseases and other health condition.
While I visited for regular checkup of my entire family, I came across a report were I got to know majority of them are deficit in Vitamin D3 & Vitamin B12.
Also another problem like every women faces very commonly known is anemia was reflected in my report. If I being nutritionist can have deficiencies many females/males out there might be having deficiencies and until it is alarming enough we don’t go for regular test.
Hence, Here is Some knowledge sharing which become most important for staying away from Micro-nutrient deficiencies in our lives.
Our other Articles :
Now a days we hear very often from parents, teachers, grandparents, neighbors that “this child is very hyperactive”.
Many parents make the child sit for studies for hours which is beyond their capacity and then complain, call them hyperactive, can’t sit for studies, keeps talking, leaves the place often, etc.
Navratri means 'Nine Nights,' the festival is commemorated for nine long days to perform a Puja to one of the nine forms of Goddess.
Being gujarati love this festival apart from religious and traditional significance, during these nine days, people show their best moves and do the garba and dandiya.
People also observe fast & feast all these 9 days.
Mr. Narendra Modi is India's 14th Prime Minister . He is an inspiration to millions and leader with a Vision. He is a person praised for his policies and decisions which is sure result of hard work and dedication he puts in his profession .
He is hard taskmaster himself and works hard toward implementing change which should benefit masses of India.
With so many international and nations travels & the kind on energy he brings to his work at an age of 66 , it seems Mr. Modi has fitted a Robot Inside himself..
But the real fact against his awesome energy is something else ..
Let's us see his routine habits , which would help us analyse his fitness mantra..
Going out to have food this Weekend: Try to think healthy This Time
You want to eat something tasty but are scared for getting overloaded with fat.
Don’t you worry! Some healthy tips will help you choose best n healthiest out of menu card, provided you go for menu card instead of buffet( buffet are bad option you will end up eating much more than required.
Testophobia - Phobia of Exams
Recently a girl Aarohi (name changed) of 24 years came to my clinic. When she came to meet me, she was crying, her eyes were red( which means she was crying since a long time), her hands were shaking, sweating, her body was trembling continuously, her breathing was shallow, increased palpitation. She was vomiting throughout the day. Her mother told that she is talking of jumping from the top of her building since two days. Aarohi had a full blown panic attack when she came to meet me. The reason was she was appearing for C.A. exam and was unable to study.
This kind of reaction is seen in many students who appear for difficult exams. It’s a very normal reaction as the pressure of the syllabus is very difficult to manage. Students develop some unhealthy habits of studying, sleeping, eating which leads to imbalance in their body. Increased stress levels, negative self-talk, paranoid thinking, irrational demands from self, all this unconsciously increase their anxiety. When this anxiety is not managed or recognized by the care givers then it can lead to a full blown panic attack and testophobia.